How To Sell My House In Dallas Fort Worth
So you want to sell your Dallas Fort Worth house, and you want to get the highest price you can for it.
I keep thinking “How to sell my house in Dallas Fort Worth”?
Here are a few tips on just how to get your home in condition to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market support:
*NOTE: This adivce is only if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house. However, if you choose not to take the advice below… or you don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Dallas Fort Worth house fast by calling a local house buyer like Connor Buys Houses.
1) Clean, clean and clean some more. Even a house that is vacant can get dusty and dirty, so keep it clean! The cleaner it is the more it will impress the buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, then it is a must that you hire someone who is and can help you out until you sell.
2) Neturalize and pick a common style. Now you don’t have to paint everything off-white but most people like this color. However, some subtle colors can really do wonders and help to alter the perception of spaces – for example, a light yellow can help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep. You do need to keep in mind the dark colors will make rooms seem smaller.
It is always worth it to spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people are much more willing pay more money for a property that has the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
3) Fix and repair anything that’s broken. Yes, it will feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that the new buyer might just pull out and replace again. But really, there are quite a few buyers who will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you.
Always do your best and make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often wise money spent to hire a home inspector to come through and do an inspection before you put the house on the market. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it builds a high level of confidence and makes them feel comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is that they over-improve it. Many times they spend a bunch of money on add-ons that will not help and can even hurt the value of the house.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on just about everything else, and it’s also easy to get ripped off by untrustworthy contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment so that you can avoid wasting money.
5) Always get expert opinions. You should always find at least a few decent real estate brokers who will help you correclty price your property. If you’re planning to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying and hiding your true intentions. Great brokers are hard to find, but they do make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Dallas Fort Worth area, and we do all the hard work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stressful stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Dallas Fort Worth TX House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Dallas Fort Worth house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Dallas Fort Worth“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Dallas Fort Worth, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.